The Member of Parliament for Ejura Sekyedumase within the Ashanti Area, Mohammed Bawah Braimah says the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei-Mensah and the Commanding officer of the navy contingent that triggered the Ejura unrest should be sanctioned.
In response to him, justice can’t be deemed to have been served if the 2 personalities aren’t held chargeable for their actions.
The Justice Koomson Ministerial Committee Report printed on Monday was silent on the 2 people.
Chatting with Citi Information, the MP expressed robust disagreement with parts of the report.
“I don’t suppose it’s proper that the MCE needs to be sacked, and the Police Commander needs to be sanctioned while the Minister who did the precise deployment is left alone. Simon Osei-Mensah and the Commanding officer ought to have been punished.”
“We are able to’t let the problem relaxation if this isn’t finished.”
The report of the three-member ministerial committee that investigated the disturbances at Ejura within the Ashanti Area was printed by the federal government on Monday, September 27, 2021.
Amongst different issues, the committee beneficial the elimination of the MCE for the realm, who pulled out of the race for a brand new MCE, and compensation for the affected households and victims.
The committee amongst different issues famous that the loss of life of Mohammed Ibrahim, also referred to as Kaaka, served because the catalyst that triggered the disturbances.
The committee made the next ten (10) suggestions;
1. Satisfactory compensation for the households of the 2 deceased individuals, Abdul Nasir Yusuf and Murtala Suraj Mohammed. It additional beneficial that the injured individuals, Louis Ayikpa, Awal Misbau, and Nasif Nuhu.
2. The instant switch of the District Police commander of Ejura, DSP Philip Kojo Hammond for his incompetence in dealing with the state of affairs and in addition for the truth that his relationship with the group appears to have been broken past restore.
3. The growth of the Ejura Police Station and a rise in personnel.
4. The elimination of the Ejura-Sekyedumase Municipal Chief Government, Honourable Mohammed Salisu Bamba, since his steady presence as MCE would exacerbate the already tense safety state of affairs in Ejura.
5. The Army Institution evaluations the actions of the part on the bottom, led by Lieutenant Martin Opoku Adusei, for the inappropriate use of drive, and apply applicable sanctions.
6. The coaching of REGSEC, MUSEC, and DISEC officers within the Ashanti Area in Battle and Disaster Administration on the Ghana Armed Forces Command and Employees Faculty not less than as soon as yearly.
7. The event of a joint Normal Operative Process (SOP) for Army/ Police operations, together with roles for indispensable allied companies just like the Nationwide Fireplace Service, Nationwide Ambulance Service, and many others.
8. The Nationwide Fee for Civic Schooling ought to intensify its Public schooling in relation to the rights, obligations, and civic obligations of the individuals of Ejura.
9. All crowd/riot/disaster management items be made to put on bodycams, and all autos and cellular devices employed should even have cameras.
10. The institution of Sports activities and Leisure Services in Ejura underneath the Zongo Growth Fund, to rechannel the energies of the youth.
Click on right here to learn the total assertion.