Our Top Three Over 3.5 Goals Predictions
Here are our three picks for games we expect to produce plenty of goals.
Kansas vs LAFC – 18/06/23
- LAFC lost their last away match by four goals to nil
- Kansas City have seen two of their previous three home games go over the 3.5 marker
- Three of the last five head to head games between these sides have gone north of the 3.5 threshold
Odds: 163/100 (2.63)
Armenia vs Latvia – 19/06/23
- Armenia have seen three of their last five – and each of their last two – games go over 3.5 goals
- Latvia have seen two of their last three games go over the 3.5 goal mark
- Armenia have averaged 3.8 goals per game across their last five with Latvia averaging 3.7 across their past three
Odds: 12/5 (3.40)
- Advertisement -
Iceland vs Portugal – 20/06/23
- Iceland saw seven goals in their last match
- Portugal have produced a total of 18 goals in their last four matches giving them a game average of 4.5 goals per game
- Two of the last three head to head games have gone over 3.5 goals
*Stats correct at the time of writing
Odds: 9/4 (3.25)
How to use the over 3.5 goals market
When choosing whether to bet on over 3.5 goals there are a few considerations you need to make. The bet, in its simplest terms, means if four or more goals are scored in the selected game your bet wins. However, selecting any game to produce at least four goals isn’t easy, but there are certain stats and information you can look at to make an educated bet.
- Recent Form: check out both teams’ recent matches against other sides. Is one of those teams scoring or conceding a lot of goals?
- H2H Record: Compare the recent matches played between these two teams. Is there a habit of a lot of goals being scored in these matches?
- Player Injuries and Suspensions: It’s always wise to see if any key players will miss your selected match. Is one team’s first-choice goalkeeper out of the game? Maybe both teams’ top goalscorers or playmakers are injured. All of these things combine when predicting in the over 3.5 goals market.
Research is key when making any bet, particularly one like this. Four or more goals being scored in any game isn’t too unusual but more often than not, games produce under 3.5 goals (3 goals or fewer). Combining Over 3.5 goals with different bets in an accumulator can work out well, that way you aren’t really on a lot of games producing 4 or more goals.
Over 3.5 Goals Best Bookmakers
All of the well-known bookmakers will offer odds on Over 3.5 Goals on almost all football matches they cover. Sometimes, the more obscure football matches from smaller or lesser-known competitions have very limited odds and may only offer Over/Under 2.5 Goals odds and not support Over/Under 3.5 Goals.
- Advertisement -
When it comes to selecting your Over 3.5 Goals bookmaker it is important that you choose someone established and trustworthy. The likes of bet365, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Stake and Betfred always offer odds for the Over 3.5 Goals market on all of the big leagues and competitions. Some of the smaller bookmakers will offer you better odds but they are often tied into a sign-up offer.
Football Whispers has close ties with a selection of bookmakers, all are established, trustworthy and offer competitive odds. Our pick for the Over 3.5 Goals market would have to be bet365 which have some of the best-priced odds for this particular market.
FAQs for Over 3.5 Goals
- Which bookmakers use the Over 3.5 Goals market? All of the established and respected bookmakers such as bet365, Ladbrokes, Stake, William Hill and Betfred offer odds on over 3.5 goals.
- What is the best way of choosing an Over 3.5 Goals game? No game is guaranteed to produce 4 or more goals but the best way to predict a high-scoring game is to look at the form of both teams, their H2H record and any injuries or suspensions to key players.
- What is the benefit of choosing Over 3.5 Goals ahead of Over 2.5 Goals? Simple, the odds will always be better if you choose to go with Over 3.5 Goals but that is because the outcome is less likely.
- When do the odds get released for the Over 3.5 Goals market? The total goals market is one of the most popular to bet on and therefore the odds are usually released well before the match kicks-off.
- What does Over 3.5 Goals mean? Over 3.5 Goals means 4 or more goals, so if you back over 3.5 goals to be scored you need that game to produce at least four goals to win, anything lower and you would lose.